Thursday, January 29, 2009

I can't believe our little girl is now a big girl and is off to school!


Well it only seemed like yesterday that I was holding her in my arms and bringing her home from the hospital and even though she is still my little angel, I had to hold her hand yesterday and walk her up to the gates and on her way to her first day at prep(big school). It has been such a crazy start to the year, with a new house and a new baby in toe, so to be letting go of my first born seems just insane. She is still so little, it kind of seems wrong to be sending her off to school!

I was talking to Amber last week and discussing what her first week of school was going to be like and how much I will miss her and this was her reply, "I need to have learning mum, and to be teached"! Ok she certainly needs a few lessons in English, but she just sounds so grown up and mature and with those two lines I thought well thats it I have lost my baby! So it made my night when the evening before she was off to school she lent over to me and said "I love you mummy and I am going to miss you too" and before a tear could well in my eyes she also said "But I won't be gone forever" and thats when I thought no truer words could be said, I haven't lost her, she is off on her first big adventure and one little step closer to adulthood and thats something to be proud of!

It has been a struggle for me over the last two weeks with David away overseas working and having to deal with a new routine and structure at home with Amber starting school, so you can imagine how much of a build up it was to even make it to Amber's first day of school. I was a little dissappointed that David had to go away for work and not be here for such an important occasion, but I understand we really have no choice at the moment and what a huge sacrifice it must have been on his part to go and not be here for her and us on her first day. I know it is for all of us but it doesn't make it any easier all the same. I tried to take as many photos as possible and video footage, so it will make him feel like he was here also.

I know I have been slack lately with blogging and I am trying to make a big effort but with a 4 month old and a nearly 5 year old to take care of and a husband that has been away quite a bit, it has been a huge challenge. It kind of comes down to whether I want to blog or sleep lol!

Well I am really proud of you Amber, you blended in to your new surrounding and school perfectly, mind you it did help that you had two of your best friends from kindy coming over with you from prep and luckily thanks to your teacher at kindy Lisa requesting that they be in the same class with you making your new start an even easier one and hopefully a happy and memorable one!

So finally here are some pictures of my baby's first day at prep and I was very brave there were no tears either end! We love you sweetheart and I hope your day was a special one!












Yes that is tears in the last photo, but that is a whole different story(Amber was just plain exhausted from her first big day)!

Well I still have a whole other story to tell about our first day of school but I promised to get these photos up and I also have a couple of updates to do, tomorrow sounds good lol or maybe the next who knows!

I hope everyone that has a little one that is about to start school this week has a special day as its not like every day we have the chance to experience something so special and hopefully their are not too many tears(from the mummys, of course) xx.

2 comments:

grandma and poppy b said...

Grandma and Poppy B. loved the
photos of Ambers very special first day at big school, the first day of many happy memories of school days to come. Hugs and kisses Grandma and Poppy B. xxoo

Kylie and Amber said...

Thanks for your gorgeous comments Mum and Barry, they made my day! I can't believe how many times throughout the day that I have to remind myself that Amber is at school.

I am sure that it will sink in soon, as I get more and more tired from the early mornings.

Hugs Kylie xx