Monday, May 18, 2009

Amber's first Cross Country!



If you could call it cross country, more like a sprint around the oval but for all the little five year olds that probably felt like more than enough, even if it was only 250 metres. They were all so cute in there little sport uniforms and team colours. Poor Amber spent the first 50 metres looking for her mummy and daddy instead of concentrating on the task ahead, she then treated the rest of the race like a meet and greet lol, waving and saying hello to everyone she spotted that she knew!

I wonder in the years to come whether she will inherit my families genes regarding long distance running, I wasn't too bad back in the day with long distance events. I think there is too much competitiveness in sport these days with parents pushing their children way to hard and trying to live out a dream lost from their youth. I secretly would love her to be a good runner, but more importantly I want her to enjoy life and all its challenges and as long as she is having fun and gives everything her best, well that's all a mummy could truly ask for, genes or no genes, I think shes fabulous!

She finished somewhere in the middle and was so excited when they handed her a ribbon for finishing and competing in her first cross country event! Well done sweetheart you did your mummy and daddy proud!

No comments: