Monday, October 10, 2011

Our little mans 3rd Birthday!


Well it was windy and crazy day but a huge improvement on Aidan's 2nd Birthday that was at a park! Unfortunately September last year was the start of the terrible floods we had in Brisbane so his 2nd birthday was very overcast and we all huddled under a rotunda  while the rain came down, thankfully this didn't bother the kids one little bit, bring on the puddles!  You think I would have decided to move his birthday indoors this year but I am so glad we didn't!  Having a party outside is just so much fun and ever so easy even if just slightly challenging!

As you can guess it was a smurf party, my two are just slightly obsessed, ok they are over the top obsessed so that called for excessive amounts of blue! The cake was a hit with the kids, actually it was the jelly that excited them! Maybe I should have just had a bowl of jelly with smurfs going for a dip, would have been a whole lot easier!  I basically cheated this year anyway and used a ready made sponge cake, mind you the hard part is decorating in my opinion but luckily my kids are crazy for them so there were a lot laying around for me to pick from!



Chicken and chips seemed like the perfect thing to serve and they went down a treat!  Lets just say there were lots of left overs though (slight over cater, that's not like me at all) and we were still eating chicken and chips days later, lucky it was yummy!

I found it so much more enjoyable and relaxing having someone else cater and it was lovely to have time to just enjoy my family and friends outside rather than inside organizing and cooking and running party games!

It made the afternoon delightful and nothing to clean up afterwards, what more can a mummy ask for!


It is not just my children that love the little blue creatures I was quite taken with them when I was young and had a few kept as keepsakes that my daughter discovered 12 months ago, that is what started the love affair and the movie this year just put fuel on the fire so to speak lol!


 David's dad brought a metal detector along for a little treasure hunting which was great!





 The only game requiring organization was pass the parcel, Wellington Point, a ball, a few bubble wands, a tree and a play area provided the fun for the rest of the day!










Who knew Bubble Wands had more than one use!





















 

Dog soccer anyone!


How about football in a tutu!







 Aidan turned into a monkey(well at least that is what he kept telling me when I asked him to come down)!
"I am not Aidan mummy I am a monkey!"  So you are, my big 3 year old monkey, so you are!









 Put a smile on your face even if you would rather be at home watching the football!


 Or the forbidden love affair, the kissing cousins!  Aidan just adores his cousin, he cries every time Makayla leaves him! It is so cute and so so adorable!




 Three gorgeous girls!






The day was abruptly finished by dark rain clouds that were brewing over head, so we said goodbye to some balloons and big hugs all round, for a wonderful day by the water!  It might not have been the most perfect weather, but it was perfect to me because we were surrounded with people we love big and small to celebrate a little man that I truly adore!

And that is something to be truly thankful for!

HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY MY DEVINE LITTLE MONKEY WE LOVE EVERY LITTLE INCH OF YOU ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

No comments: