Monday, September 01, 2008

A day on the farm!




Well as I mentioned in my last post, we went to the farm on Wednesday for Ambers kindy and had a wonderful day. There were alot of mummy animals and because its nearly spring there were also alot of baby animals also. This meant I felt a strong urge to cross my legs and not have any offspring arrive early with all these babies surrounding me it could have been very dangerous lol!!!
Amber had a wonderful day and especially loved the bus trip with the rest of her class out to the farm and there were a few tears when she thought she had to come home with mummy instead of going on the bus. Thankfully another mummy that was on the bus gave up her seat which meant her dreams could be fullfilled and she could ride on the bus all the way home!!!

So much was squeezed into one day at the farm, Amber managed to ride a pony, sit on a bull, hold a baby chick and have a chicken sit on her head(see below photo lol), take a hay ride on a tractor, milk a cow and feed a baby kid, lamb and a baby calf. We also squeezed in morning tea and lunch which this mummy really needed, I can tell you. It was a fabulous day for all and the Samford Valley were the farm is situated is always a gorgeous place to come and visit. I think I am still trying to recover from such a busy day and I am thankful that my little one decided not to arrive just yet!!!
P.S. I now understand why pigs are called pigs, as I have never heard an animal squeal and get so excited about getting feed. It totally cracked me up watching them wait in antisipation for a feed with there curly tails and there drooling tounges hanging out, I don't think I would ever want to get between a pig and its dinner I can tell you that much lol!!!























Until next time yeeeh haaaaah and farewell to all you little cowboys and cowgirls!!!

No comments: