Monday, August 24, 2009

Ava's Tea Party!

<span class=


<span class=



delicious yummy food


It was an honour for us to partake in what will hopefully be a annual event in our home with AVA'S TEA PARTY on the 22nd of August to celebrate her birthday! It amazes me how affected and moved Amber and myself have become in such a small amount of time thanks to how openly honest and willing to share their heartbreaking story this family have been.

Sometimes we need a wake up call in life to make us realize what is important and its not about money or what material possessions we own or how talented we are or popular we are, the most valued thing we can ever give in life is something that is free and that is to reach out to the people that mean the most to us and give them the gift of our time and love. I feel very fortunate that I have never had to experience that kind of loss and I can only imagine the pain and suffering one would have with the loss of a child, my heart just breaks and aches at the thought of it. Sometimes I nearly cry when I look at my daughter and son and think of how lucky I am to have two health and hopefully happy children, I truly feel blessed!

So even though there is work mounting up around my ears and the house looks as if it has been hit by a bomb, I have come to realize that life is way to short and you really do need to seize the day and live life like there is no tomorrow. A friend once said to me and this is so true about life. Her question to me was, "What are you going to remember back about in 10 years time? That you had a clean and shiny house or that you put down what you were doing and went out and made some memories with your children!" So I am going to try and live by that philosophy thank you so much Catherine for such wise words. So even though I struggle with this all the time it is now my mission to live in the moment and try to soak up every wonderful minute!

It was also a perfect time to sit down and discuss with my daughter once again about what happened on that day that Ava flew away to heaven and how important it is to educate our family and friends with small children so something like this never has to happen ever again! For any one that does not know the Rosemeyer's story and would like to learn more about how to prevent something like this happening to them please go to Sheye's beautiful blog to read about their beautiful yet painstaking sad story about the day their angel went away please click her if you wish to read more http://www.sheyerosemeyerphotography.com/blog/ava/

It was certainly a challenge this weekend to achieve such a special tea party with David working all weekend that left just me and the kids to bake and set up the tea party quite a challenge with a spirited 10 month old on the loose! And even though the pressure was on to successfully achieve what would hopefully resemble a magical tea party in the back garden, our little man was on a mission to make my daughter scream and not with glee might I add, more in horror with the destructive course of action he was about to partake on the poor pink cup cakes which were in his sight lol! So in between the squeals and screams and the many trips up our stairs (Aidan's favourite pastime at the moment!) we still managed to squeeze in a fabulous time and the pink milk was just amazing, I have to say it has been a long time since I consumed pink milk but thank you Ava it was delicious and brought back many a beautiful memories from my childhood!


<span class=



<span class=

The start of all the trouble, the deconstruction of the cupcake!

I will try a strawberry thanks


<span class=



<span class=


<span class=


<span class=



<span class=




let me at it

Here is the cheeky one about to put his plan into action!


<span class=

Give us a kiss!

<span class=

Ahh......the stairs such fond memories!

escaping the tea party


Who ever thought that a winter day in August would be so heavenly, Ava must have been spinning and dancing around with glee at how perfect and delicious a day it was! I hope the day brought the Rosemeyer's at least at least a little comfort as they look through all the celebrations that have been held and how proud they must be to have her memory live on in such a beautiful and special way! Thank you so much Sheye and family for allowing us to share in such a special day with you all! So here is to pink cupcakes, pink milk, fairy wings and everything beautiful Happy Birthday sweet, sweet little girl may your tea party's live on in your name forever and thank you for allowing us to share them with you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Tea Party, Beautiful children, beautiful words {your post made me cry, so lovely}, beautiful you, Vanessa xx

Sheye Rosemeyer said...

Dear Kylie
To say I've been overwhelmed by all of the amazing tea parties held this past weekend is such an under-statement.

I really do sit here speechless after reading your words and seeing your pictures. I love that your gorgeous boy was right in there, upsetting the perfect :) That's what it's all about, right? Both your children are so beautiful.

Thank you, so much, for describing your day and letting me see the impact that Ava continues to have..it means so much more than I can properly say.

With love & enormous thanks again.
Sheye xx

Kylie and Amber said...

Oh thank you Vanessa and Sheye for your gorgeous comments. I get so much pleasure reading both your beautiful blogs, you both have such a touching and genuine way with your words and you're photos have inspired me to save hard so I can hopefully one day get myself my first cannon dslr camera.

Sheye you are so right that is what life is so about, and I wouldn't have it any other way(mind you some days it would be nice if Aidan could turn it down a little lol)!

Sheye so many beautiful things are said about you because you a truly beautiful on the inside and the outside. I might not have ever meet you but so many people that follow you and have meet you couldn't be wrong it just shines through in your words and your photos.

Thank you both for so openly sharing you're lives and for putting a big smile on my face.

Hugs Kylie xx

grandma and poppy b said...

What a beautiful tea party and such a beautiful cause, I am truely lost for words haveing such a truely thoughful and kind daughter who is passing this onto her 2 adorable children as well.
How very lucky they are to have you as their mum...your mum xo