Sunday, February 01, 2009

Where did January go!

I always find this time of the year is a blur, starting around mid December until the end of February. There seem to be a million birthday celebrations and then you throw in Christmas and New Year. But this year it has been a struggle to do basically anything with David working overseas and Amber starting school, I seem to be constantly running around in circles. I guess that is the reason why I am only just getting around to blogging about all the things that have happened this month.

Probably a saviour to all my family and friends that read this blog as then it is more of an over view rather than my usual blab fest!
So where should I start...........
Well I have to say that I am usually the main photographer in our house and these days with our little bundle that arrived in September it has been a lot harder finding a spare hand to take any piccys, but I do get plenty of cuddles. So there are slim pickings for Christmas day at home and at mum and Barry's. So I will try and find a couple, we did have a lovely relaxing day and the weather was gorgeous, a lot of time was spent in the pool which was very nice and refreshing indeed.




Amber was over the moon with what Santa brought her and Aidan, the trampoline that she had been asking for for the last 6 months and she has been on it nearly every day since! Like every year Amber was spoilt rotten but it was really lovely to finally have Christmas back in our newly renovated home (which we have already managed to fill quite well, who needs space right???), there truly is no place like home, and it just felt really nice to be back. It was even more special this year with the addition of Aidan to make our family four, its always lovely to have a baby around at Christmas. I know he won't remember anything about his first Christmas and the look on his face in the below photo says it all really, but it made it magical all the same.






Normal Amber with food all over her face!

Not the best photo but Amber was so rapt to receive her pony!





Aidan and Makayla on christmas day!

We had the fortune of having David's family for Christmas at our house this year and in early January, so Christmas was certainly spread out this year (not that Amber minded in the slightest, and I am sure if she could she would celebrate Christmas every week of the year) !

David was so happy that he could share his first Christmas back in the house, and with the arrival of Aidan it meant so much to him to share this with his family. Because of the distance we don't really get a chance to spend a lot of quality time with his sister, so it made him very happy to have this opportunity. And even though the day sped by it was really nice to catch up with them. I think the girls had a marvellous time especially under the sprinkler! What would Christmas in Brissy be like if it wasn't stinking hot lol!!! Thanks for making our Christmas such a special one!



















I just adore this photo, Amber loved playing with her cousin, messy face and all!




Here are a couple of photos showing the kids cooling down!








Well yet another Christmas season has come and gone, but we feel so fortunate that we could share it with family and friends! Thank you for sharing it with us and making it such a memorable one, I just this time of the year(craziness and all) xx. P.S. Sorry it took me till February to post this everyone! What do they say better late than never(definitely a motto made especially for me lol!

No comments: