Monday, April 13, 2009

FROM EASTER BONNET PARADES TO THE ARRIVAL OF THE HOPPING ONE!




FROM OUR BUNNIES TO YOURS HAPPY EASTER!






School makes the excitement with the lead up to Easter that little more thrilling. It amazes me that Amber did not realize that the Easter Bunnies arrival was only hours away, I so thought she would be counting it down with school finishing and all. It just goes to show how carefree and relaxed she really is! I think I was more excited at the prospect of his arrival!

All the preperations and celebrations started at school with the making of the Easter Bonnet (cowboy hat for us), a 7 cent bargain from The Warehouse thank you very muchDot and then all the little prep kiddies spent the last week at school decorating their individual hats this accumulated and ended in the Grand Easter Bonnet Parade around the school. Amber looked so proud and excited marching around the school in her creation. Some of the older kids creations were very impressive I can tell you, it puts the challenge out next year when we have to make the bonnet at home, I can feel a cold sweat working up already at the thought of it lol!!!










Amber and her best friend Greta!




Yeah Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!







I had to post this photo of the mummies who were lucky enough to take the prized hats home!

So here we were on the eve of Easter Sunday, we excitedly made our baskets and with gingham ribbon, blue for Aidan of course and pink which was the only option for our little princess and put them at the end of the bed!







Well you should have seen Amber's excitement when she woke up to find the Easter Bunny had been and distributed eggs all over the house. Amber loves an Easter Egg hunt 10 times more than actually consuming the eggs! She is not that obsessed with chocolate which is a blessing with her nut allergy as there are not that many options for nut free chocolate!

The Bunny also brought a Velvet covered Princess Book for Amber and some jammies and swimmers for Aidan, they both did very well for themselves I think!
















Forget the Easter eggs Aidan prefers the taste of straw from the basket lol!



















Some times it is all just too much and you need a little time out!!!!














We had a lovely breakfast of toast and hot cross buns and then it was off to Grandma's for an all day feast and more eggs to consume and another Easter Egg hunt (even if the wet weather had made the ground a little squishy and muddy, this did not stop the die hard Easter Egg hunters and there was quite a few big people in that list also lol.)!







This was Emma and Amber's feet after the Easter Egg Hunt lol!

I can contest that I certainly ate way to much, but enjoyed every mouth full just the same! It was lovely to see all the babies (the floor was covered in babies, one on the move, and two very close behind), it looked like we were at playgroup lol! Amber and Emma entertained themselves and played beautifully together like they always do. The adults even managed to fit in a game of poker thanks to mum watching all the littlies I don't know how mum managed all the five kidlets, what can I say she is amazing and it was a real treat to play with adults for a change lol!





I wonder what our little man was thinking in the below photo (give me back that alice band I bet lol)!








I just love my daughters fashion sense lol, her Easter polka dot outfit lasted all of 2 hours before she stripped and changed! These two copy cat each other all the time, if one changes this automatically means the other must do the same immediately lol!





I giggle every time I see this photo of Emma (I can imagine a caption above her head saying why have you made me sniff these flowers???)!





The first and last Easter we will probably be able to get these three to keep ears on their heads!


We have had a busy weekend laying turf and cleaning up our storage area, so it was a relief to have Sunday off and we are now back to cleaning up a storm, I don't think we will ever reach the end lol!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Easter break and that the Easter Bunny was good to you all!

Hugs Kylie xx

3 comments:

grandma and poppy b said...

Love all the photos mummy and daddy took of Easter 2009, three special babies very first visit from the Easter Bunny, how exciting.
Thanks for sharing this very special time with us we had a ball.
Hugs and kisses Grandma and Poppy B xxoo

Anonymous said...

Oh Kylie what beautiful photos! Your children are a delight to see and oh my word, Amber looks like an angel. Beautiful child indeed:) Vanessa x PS I desperately wanted to get one of the big Lindt eggs with the pretty wrapping but they'd all sold out.....maybe next year:)

Kylie and Amber said...

Thanks for your gorgeous comment Vanessa, I am thinking Aidan might not see to much of that egg being so young and all lol, his mummy might be the lucky winner there, thank you Easter Bunny!