Monday, April 27, 2009

Our house is alive with "The Sound of Music"!


I have such fond memories when I was young of sitting around the T.V. once a year every year to watch a re-run of "The Sound of Music", it became like a tradition in our household and I always had my mum as company, it is still a movie that is close to my heart and certainly a favorite, so it was with some trepidation and excitement that I would come to the day when I could share this little part of my childhood with my daughter and pray that she might share my insane love for films and especially musicals.

All I could think of was "What if she hated it or laughed at me for showing her this prehistoric musical", well I did not need to worry to say that Amber likes it is well...........an understatement. We watched it for the first time on Sunday and it is now only Monday and we are on our 3rd viewing and that is an amazing feat as it is 3 hours long lol! Amber sits there from the beginning to the end entranced and makes me pause it when she needs to go for a bathroom break or to refuel.

Now I have the pleasure of hearing her sing "These are a few of my Favorite Things" and "Doe a Deer" around the house, it makes me feel for just a second that I am seven again. I can now say without any doubt that she is 100% my daughter. May "The Sound of Music" and "ABBA", live on forever, well at least until my daughter grows up and realizes how uncool her mummy's taste really is..........................until then I am going to devour every delicious second of this stage!
Here is a little snippet of my daughters interpretation of her two favorite songs lol! We had the pleasure to hearing "I am sixteen.....going on seventeen", around two hundred times on our car trip down to Coffs Harbour, everyone in McDonald's also had the privilege lol!
Sing on sweetheart, you certainly make me laugh!!!!!

I love the conversation that went on after her very reserved rendition of "I am Sixteen going on Seventeen" because the camera was facing her. She certainly beat her mummy to her first kiss (even if it was a slimy one lol). Ahhhhh........ five year olds lol, all I can say is out of the mouths of babes!!!!

No comments: