Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Brisbane light show!

 I


 I have been slightly afraid of night photography even after my photography course, pulling out a tripod makes me feel like I am some sort of professional, not someone that has their training wheels on!  It also doesn't help when your tripod is an antique and instead of keeping your camera still tends to wobble!  I have a new tripod now thanks to my husbands parents, but I haven't had a chance to test drive it yet, I am sure this holidays an opportunity will arise!

 So why venture out into the twinkling lights of night time????  I adore city lights at night, ever since I was little some of the my most precious memories are driving into the city to see the Christmas lights in the windows and  lining the streets, they just seem to evoke some kind of magical land to me and they still do!

I just love and adore Christmas time, driving the streets and admiring all the houses adorned in sparkling magical lights.  Now I just need to work on taking a good shot at night, so I can capture those moments forever!

I am very frustrated with the below photos but I am learning and by taking the leap and heading out at night with my tripod and a lot of patience I am hopefully one step closer to nailing what so far has been allusive to me!

I am posting the below photos so I can learn and hopefully look back on an improvement in months to come!
What do they always say, if at first you don't succeed try, try again!  And it is a wasted day when you do not learn something new!

I found this wonderful quote:

Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem.  That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily.  ~Thomas Szasz















No comments: